Monday, August 8, 2011

NO WHITE SPACE 2010

My floor is covered in piles as usual. It seems that whenever I come home I shortly end up surrounded by various things to makes things out of, glue sticks, scissors, magazine clippings, photos, paint, paper, origami books, yarn and who knows what else. This time I am also attempting to go through everything so I'm ready to move to LA (which I do every so often to clear my space... its really lovely and addicting, especially before moving.) I have three full trash bags of things to take to Mieser's this afternoon. I have a radio show at 2:30 so I'm going to drop them before hand. I've found that I have a bit of a hording problem when it comes to journals... especially book journals. I have like ten blank ones that I couldn't resist buying and three books that need to be sent off to be made into journals. I guess I don't feel too bad about it because I use them, adore them and I'm supporting Jacob (who is wonderful) and his recycling business. And then there's the fact that I always have an extra gift laying around that I can donate to one of the fabulous people I know. This weekend I went with my family to Denver to help Evan move into his first apartment. We went to the NEW IKEA (which was crazy and not very enjoyable because of the hoards of people pouring in... by the time we left there was a line curling out of the building into the parking garage... absolutely ridiculous. It makes me a little ashamed to be supporting them.) I guess its the only one until Salt Lake so it was quite the event. We did get Evan a nice bed that I am considering buying for myself and amused ourselves with the names of things and the directions. After building a bunch of furniture we piled back in the car and took Cottonwood pass. My time in Colorado is slowly slipping away which is really bittersweet. I am excited to see Ali and Lucy and all my lovelies back east and am hoping I can dash into Boston (which I miss already. Emerson too) while I'm there. How I'm getting back is changing once more but it may have evolved into a new road trip with my friend Dan. We'll see. I feel like it changes every .5 seconds. Anyway. I need to unstick myself from the computer and do some more practical real life things... like making some white space on my bedroom floor.

No comments: