Friday, December 22, 2006

THE SLED STORY

I went Christmas shopping today. I was searching Target for a gift for my little brother when I received a call from my mom. She was reminding me that I had to buy sleds. I have family in town and my mom wanted to take them sledding. I looked everywhere for the plastic devices or someone in a red shirt who could help me. I found neither. It wasn't until I was leaving the store, looking at a five dollar bag full of plastic dinosaurs that I spoted some foamy plastic like things that could pass as sleds. Upon further investigation I discovered that the were a) ridiculously over priced and b) way to small for a grown person. I decided to try Walmart. I looked by the cheap mittens and other "althelic outdoor equipment" but all I could find were fishing poles and police officers staring at the wide variety of air soft guns. Finally I discovered that they were in the toy deparment next to the Blimpie. I didn't know that Walmart had a Bilmpie until after I had found the sleds. After testing out a few on the floor I decided on two "sizzlers" and a giant inflatable tube. The "sizzlers"are red with yellow breaks. By the time I made it to my car I was tired of dealing with three big bulky sleds that were hard to carry. As soon as I got home I had to blow up the mega tube. Uncle Bob's Mega Snow Tube. It took forever until we found a hidden hole that was much bigger. By the time we finished blowing it up, my mom was ready to fall asleep. My cousin had tried out a sizzler but was attacked by the dog and almost ran into my car, and my dad had had one to many white russians. We never went sledding.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Hey babe, I'm on the phone with you right now, but I love leaving you comments. Your story is really sweet, I love how anti-climatacic your ending is. Cutie.