Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HAIR DYE

So, I think I'm going to dye my hair brown today (!!!) this has been something that I have been contemplating doing for a while, so I guess it makes a lot of sense. I'm still incredibly apprehensive. I don't know if my eyebrows will match, as of right now they match perfectly and while I know I can go back, it still makes me a tid nervous. I'm just doing the boxed dye, my roommate is going to do it with me, except she is going red. Its interesting to change and experiment and I figure that I should dye my hair at least once in this lifetime. So... tonight I will be brown. There are a lot of things that I should be doing right now, like reading my tree book. We are reading Between Earth and Sky in my Plants and People class. I find it really interesting, a tree scientist who specializes in canopy wrote it. She talks about the biology of trees, how they provide resources we need, as well as how they influence us in so many ways we overlook such as art and architecture. It is sturctured in an interesting way, but is easy to read and has poems about trees scattered thoughout. I rather like it just from being a "tree hugger" and nature lover. I'm tempted to pass it onto Janine after I read it, but I think that is due to her reading authors like Edward Abbey and this sense I get of her that she likes these things too. I really want to go camping and spend time outside, reading, wandering around, hiking. I have class soon, but I will end this with a poem that I love from Between Earth and Sky.

Tree, gather up my thoughts
Like the clouds in your branches.
Draw up my soul
Like the waters in your roots.
In the arteries of your trunk
Bring me together.
Through your leaves,
Breathe out the sky.

J. Daniel Beaudry, "Breathe"

2 comments:

janine said...

that book sounds incredible!
i'm almost done with desert solitaire... absolutely breathtaking. i love you. your harley davidson postcard is my bookmark and i smile every time i look at it.

did you know that i met erik under a tree?
'cause i did.

:]

love to you!

Hanna said...

I really should read desert solitaire, my dad wanted to name me Abby after Edward Abbey. I love you. And the fact that a postcard I sent you is your bookmark. We are seriously made for each other.

And that is so fantastic.
Like really fantastic.