Monday, March 16, 2009

A JUMBLE

Now that I've given some crap... I would like to share a few other interesting random videos I've been watching lately.

Nina Simone "I Put a Spell On You"
A classic old, bluesy video, I like the look of it as well as the song.


Stan Brakhage "Dante's Inferno"
Most film students watch Stan Brakhage when looking at experimental films, I like this one, which he created with paint on 16mm film. We watched it in my last film class. I don't totally get how he got the paint to look like how it does... I've tried manipulating film, it takes more diligence than you would expect to make it look interesting. I like how images start to come through at the end. It is a interesting piece of film, very much art.


Stop motion
I really like stop motion and I happend to stumble across this one that is made with a dry erase board and marker. Really well done, pretty incredible that people can make these things, it takes a while, its basically animation, and though it is usually done with objects this is a good piece.


Bob Marley "So Jah Seh"
This is just a song, a classic overlooked really good Marley song. My dad and I recently just re-discovered it on the Natty Dread album.


Staircases
This is a interesting look at staircases in two clips from Mikhail Kalatozov's, a Sovjet filmmaker's, films. I think it might be a film kid thing... but it is an interesting look at the use of a location and cinematography.


No comments: