Monday, July 6, 2009

BAKED GOODS

I've been baking a ton lately. It was inspired by Evan coming home for a visit I suppose. In the past two days I have made quite a few tasty items and most of them from scratch. First I made pumpkin muffins from a box... everything else I've baked was from scratch. After those came out of the oven I put in the butterscotch brownies, my grandma's old recipe. The following day I made a strawberry rhubarb pie, thanks to K's cookbook and made the crust for the first time. This morning I whipped up a batch of Swedish pancakes, which aren't really baked... and served those up with sliced strawberries, raspberries and powdered sugar. I also watched T this morning. She is a cute one. She came over for dinner the other night (I had her overnight) and we were all dancing. My dad taught her to move her hands like they do in Africa and bob her head. I can't believe she is almost two, I've been watching her since she was a week old. Anyway, my next baked good will be chocolate brownies from scratch. Now I just need to expand my cooking beyond yummy treats. Evan did tell me "Hanna you are getting to be really good at cooking" though after trying my Swedish pancake. He then told me I should open a restaurant but then changed it to bakery when I told him that I don't really cook much else... I actually have always liked the idea of having a bakery, but for some reason I always envision it when I'm a little old lady. My grandma and I used to make pasta which was pretty awesome. I may make some spaghetti sauce or something in the near future, we'll see. Also I happened to find some old but interesting pictures the other day. My hair used to be fantastically curly...


And then there is this... oh memories memories. We were driving everywhere that night, in my little old golden buggy. I like stumbling across old photographs, quite a bit.
And look at Ian. What a fork.

No comments: