Wednesday, July 1, 2009

PAST PHOTOGRAPHS

I decided to post some of the photos from the old shoebox my parents and I found the other day. I probably should have scanned them, but I was lazy and used photobooth, so some aren't quite as wonderful as they are in person. Above is me and my mom after I was born. I really love that photo, the color and the light, the overall aesthetic of it.
My dad.
My step grandma, looking like a straight up model.
My grandma, grandpa, aunt and cousin in Europe.
My parents and I at a party of some sort, my dad is flipping off the camera, very subtlety. Well I'm assuming its the camera.
Me reading at our old house in Costa Rica.
Dad and I swimming in Costa Rica, the lighting in this picture is wonderful.
The back of this photo says: Remember this receptionist boy? It is cut in half.

My dad's friend when he was 13. I guess my dad went over to this kids house for Thanksgiving dinner one year and this kid's sister and her husband showed up high on heroin with their kid. It is a classic crazy dad story. He seriously should write a book.
My mom in 1984.
Mom and Dad in 1984.
Shots.

Dad and I.
Me in Costa Rica.

My old dog, Chester. He looks a lot like the one I have now.

I will leave you with a site that has really interesting pictures of homo sapiens. I asked my dad what he was looking at the other night, there was a photo of a man with a very wrinkled face on his computer and he replied, homo sapiens and emailed me the link. Its worth a look.


No comments: