Thursday, December 3, 2009

HARRY CALLAHAN

I went to the most wonderful exhibition at the MFA today for my photography class. It was a show of Harry Callahan's prints. I chose the on up there to write about. I also had to sketch it as part of the assignment (we had a worksheet.) He has other things as well, colors prints, double exposures, textures, and interesting landscapes. I really really like his work. It was a wonderful place to spend time.

Also, on the way out I stumbled across a "contemporary" exhibition that featured artworks of bands... album covers by a certain photographer, great prints of artists by another. I only got to look at it briefly due to the fact that I was on my way to the T with two people from my class but it was a good thing to see. Especially the Richard Avedon Beatles prints.

No comments: