Tuesday, December 1, 2009

LAMP LIGHT

Last night I went to Films From the Margin's screening of Andrei Tarkovsky's The Mirror. It was very beautifully shot, there were several scenes that resonate with me.
Also.
I've just registered for classes at the castle next semester. I am taking:

Intercultural Communication
Topics in Literature: European Literature
History of Photography
History of Western Art: Modern

So that should be lovely because I am basically just studying art. [and Intercultural Communication encourages traveling and relates topics in class to our adventures.] I'm really quite satisfied. That said, I do have a lot of "cleaning house" to do. I've been thinking about my final photography assignment and think that I would like to do a series of people undressing. I need ten prints and have the next 3 and a half weeks to accomplish it. So basically... I should be doing that now. I'm just trying to get everything else in order in the meantime. There is also the issue of finding models. I think I would like one boy and one girl at least. Rita has offered to do it which is fantastic. She is quite a nice little one. I think I want to just show the torso... but I may play with that as time goes on. I also was considering a series of lamps, or something to do with lamps. I've been drawing them lately for whatever reason. I think it started because I am gaining a fascination of light. Cinematography is basically good lighting and composition. I would like to take a drawing class, as I may have mentioned, because that also looks at the way light is falling on objects among other things. It is something that is overlooked, but once you start thinking about it light is really amazing and lovely. We like certain times of the day because of light and it can play tricks and make things beautiful or interesting or sinister. The other day I came out of the T and saw light dripping down a building. Finally, there are two exhibits in New York that I really want to attend: one and two. I think a day trip, if nothing else, is in order.

No comments: