Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BOXED OFF SPACES

Alright so, I would like to start by sharing this link that my dad sent me. Its just brim full of great photos of famous people. My dad and I are particularly fond of the Alfred Hitchcock one (with his kids). And on the topic of photography, my friend Dan Muchnik has a portfolio online of photos he did for his practicum. They are really interesting because they look kinda fake (having been shot on a large format camera.) You can take a peek here. I have to read the Story of Babar today for my history class which I'm amused about. When I went to buy my textbooks they were weirded out by the fact that the children's book was in the textbook section, though they shouldn't be at this point considering that it is Emerson. Recently we watched the Black Robe in class.
I want to go to wherever they shot it (Canada I think) because it is just gorgeous. Indians were also just so wonderful, I really would like to know what it would be like now if Europeans hadn't intervened. I mean, we did get written language out of it I guess but it seems so sad. If nothing else I like the Indian way of thinking about things, but watching the movie the Indians just seemed cooler. Like their chanting and singing compared to the French (because the French are the Europeans that this film features.) I was trying to find a still of this tribe that they meet that has coats made out of wolf hides, they wear the wolf head like a hood and I just liked it. Anyway. I like Indians. Oh but, I found this awkward movie that these kids made for a history class while looking for the trailer.
Its just silly to watch things like that. In other school news, I just watched the end of Season Two of Buffy and that shit is intense. Woah. It also just made me like Spike a lot more. I'm on Team Spike (as opposed to Team Angel). But they are good at irony and just making everything intense in general. It gets better as you go on. The episode "I Only Have Eyes for You" is also good... the whole thing is on youtube but this is the good part (start at 2 minutes... they are being possessed by ghosts):
Its just a good bit of writing and it totally reflects Buffy and Angel's relationship. Not to sound like a Buffy freak. I'm just watching it all the time for class now. And on that note. I'm off.

1 comment:

Keighley said...

God, I love Giles so much.