Thursday, September 2, 2010

THICK, HOT AIR

I made it to Boston. Whoever thought humidity was okay was terribly wrong. I keep getting waves of heat through the fan that I am sitting diligently in front of. It is so hot here. I have just been applying for on campus employment. I applied to work at the campus center (being a desk sitter and renting out rooms and such), the Paramount soundstage (helping with soundstage things such as setting up cameras and lighting things), and I might apply to work at the costume shop (repairing garments and knowing the inventory and such... I just need to know if I should know how to sew ahead of time or if they will teach me... which would be awesome.) So we'll see what happens with that. I also just discovered that I have homework for my Buffy class which starts this next week. The email was titled "Welcome to the Hellmouth." This class should be interesting to say the least considering I have only seen one episode of the show and that was the musical via Keighley. I would like to try it out though. Last night Kevin and I went to Jackie and LeeAnnes place for what was supposed to be a party but ended up being a few couples plus Faye and her roommate playing Kings with the Sorbet punch that Jackie made. Their place was really cute though and the version of kings we played was fun. It included sending people on quests to find things, saying two truths and a lie, dares (lick Jackies cat), saying ducky fuzz, to the queen and some of the classic ones... never have I ever, categories, ext. I was expecting to see more people but it was good to see the ones who were there. They live super far away though, in like Brighton (on the Green Line B train, Sutherland Rd stop)... which is a bit of a trek coming from Cambridge (where Kevin lives, off Central Square.) In other Emerson people news: my old roommate Gabrielle has moved to Thailand with her boy friend David and they have a blog. I also was giving people the wrong address to mail things to me... (it works for packages) so I need to supply the correct one. (It is locked in my room... I was able to dash in there yesterday (getting super sweaty yuck) after arriving from the airport and drop off my bags. I took a little bag with some stuff for the next few days before I am actually allowed to move in. The address is in my room with all my stuff that I do not have access to. That said I got an email today saying that I had a package (or at least some kind of mail at the mail room) so I am going to investigate that one. I have no idea what it could be. Finally, I really want to steal one of the other bedrooms in our suite. It has two windows (!) including a bay window, looks out over the street (plus part of a building but who cares), has great lighting and good furniture layout. It also is tucked at the back of the suite and is decently sized. I don't know whose room it is supposed to be but I want it. I got a little shafted out of room selection since I was in Europe but I have a decent one. Its not really small like the one next door to me... but it is also not the two windowed room... so we'll have to see about all that. I am getting ready to embark on a journey back to campus... I have access to a bike but feel nervous about riding it in the city. I might just do it though. So that is Boston so far. Riley is having a party tomorrow.

No comments: