Thursday, September 23, 2010

CLEAN FRESH AIR

I have been incredibly busy lately. The film shoot was fantastic but time consuming... as always. I will put some production stills up so you, dear reader, can see me in action. Exciting right? In other news, I just bought this turntable. It is incredibly unpractical for me to have bought it here in Boston considering that my records (mostly hand me downs from dad) are at home... not to mention that I already have a hard enough time transporting things from one place to another... but who am I to be practical? I'm incredibly excited that I finally bought one and that it can very easily turn into a suitcase and that it has speakers built in. Kris has the same one. I stayed over at her place (Livi lives there too) for a girl slumber party last night (Caroline attended also). We drank wine on their cute balcony and talked while Kris made a collage for homework. We listened to Black Keys, Johnny Cash and T Rex on vinyl before taking a quick field trip to the boy's apartment (Sam, Riley, Jared and Nick.) Livi and I came home together and watched Pocahontas while eating leftovers and talking about what the world would be like if the Indians had been able to continue as they were. It must have been amazing to see this country back then. I love Pocahontas. It also related to our history class (we have been going over things like Cortes and the Aztecs.)

The other night I went to the park with Emma, Dan and Figgs to BBQ on this little grill Figgs bought from a thrift store for $4. We drank champagne and wine and grilled onion, veggie burgers (for the girls) and brats (for the boys.) There were all kinds of fun things to play on and everyone took turns putting on my skirt (made of wool and therefore good for sliding) and went down the slide. There was also this ball nest type thing made out of rope that we sat in and a two person teeter totter. Another roped thing was in the shape of a tree and had a soft rubber bottom that you could sit in, it also spun around. While sitting in it we decided that we were the teepee club. The most fun playground item however was this teeter totter swing thing that had two round seats (like a swing you would hang off a tree.) The boys climbed on top and Emma and I sat on the seats so they could swing us. It was crazy and kind of terrifying but so fun. We screamed every time they sent us flying up only to be whip-lashed down. Its hard to describe but I assure you it was fun. I am thinking about buying these booties:
I just got some Diana Minis Developed:

No comments: