Friday, September 10, 2010

OUT MY WINDOW THERE IS HALF OF A BRICK WALL

I would like to start with this gem. David B. Weaver never fails.

me-OWWWW from Sarah Ginsburg on Vimeo.



So I have moved into my room. Here are some not so great photo booth photos to give you an idea of what it looks like. A glamor shot of my septum. You know. So yes. I am here in Boston and I have started to take classes. Tomorrow is my first film shoot. I am already ACing on a BFA that my friend Dan Muchnik is DPing. So that will be good. We are shooting in some really wonderful places such as the Boston Public Library and the Museum of Fine Arts. In other news, I have been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for my Buffy the Vampire Slayer Class. Yes, Emerson does offer a semester long class on the show. But Cibo Matto was featured at the Bronze in season two with this somewhat scandalous scene (it starts right at the beginning of this segment of the show conveniently.)
All seven seasons (plus Angel and the movie) are on watch instantly Netflix right now... though it also appears that a lot are on YouTube too. In other news... I got hired! I am now working at the Paramount Soundstage. This is both intimidating and excited because of the things I am going to learn and do. Its all about lighting which is very important to cinematography... my cinematography classes are going to be held in the same place. I have been starting to read the Set Lighting Technician's Handbook... I think that is all for now. I'm going to read over the Aaton camera Manual and wait to see what the night brings.

3 comments:

Keighley said...

whoa. I honestly had no clue Sean Lennon was in Cibo Matto until watching this.

Lauryn said...

Bah.

You and I would live very well together. I, too, loathe blank space (as I see you do, as well).

Ian said...

the cibo matto episode is my favorite