Saturday, February 28, 2009

FILM FILM FILM

Lately I've been completely obsessed with getting onto film crews as a 1st or 2nd AC. I think I'm just a bit film obsessed in general. I got my first roll back for my next film one project, I really want to project it before I have to screen it in class but looking through the little boxes of frames next to my lamp seems to give off the appearance of properly exposed film. Hopefully I used the light meter well. I've been on a Film 2 set this weekend as 1st and 2nd AC. It has been really great because I love having a position on camera. I am the only female on the entire set, which makes things... interesting, but surprisingly, and luckily, I am just as competent, if not more so as the other boys on set. The DP has come to me with questions that I have been able to answer (!) and lets me deal with all things camera. Its great because this trust allows me to work through things and actually work closely with the equipment, I think I have learned a lot. I feel like it is very important for me to be competent and on top of it as the only female. I am so glad I was able to be on camera team for the last women in motion shoot, I really learned about the camera and the AC positions. I was working with some great people and I now know a lot just from that shoot that has helped me a ton. So far this transition into camera has been a really good one. I am going out for crew on a few more film twos and the FPS (frames per second) shoots. I love camera! Alright enough, I feel like I'm getting a bit on the cheeseball side. I am pretty excited about this though, my discovery of camera team. Other than all the film twos and such I am also working on a music video with Zeb. We started to build a little diorama set this Thursday... it was great because I got to paint and make things. We are going to play around with it, but I think it will be somewhat of a stop motion animation. I hope it comes out well, I really want to deliver a good product. Zeb and I work really well together though, we mesh creatively and paint in the same style. Actually that is what I first noticed when I first met Zeb... well when I met his apartment, his paintings. Anyway, we are building quite a little set out of all kinds of fun materials. There are so many things I should be doing...

No comments: