Tuesday, February 24, 2009

YouTubing

So I happened to stumble across the world of pole dancing on Youtube. This girl is so incredibly graceful, it makes me think of pole dancing differently. Well I suppose pole dancing always has an appeal to females, or at least to me. But I really like the look of this girl.

The next two are an interesting twist, ballet with pole dancing. Elena Gibson, the second dancer, seems to be behind this movement. Ms. Swan Lake states that she was inspired by her.



While I was looking through pole dancing videos, I remembered this one that my belly dance teacher Aarin told us to look up. This dancer is pretty incredible... I have no idea how she does some of her locks.

I thought it was about time I posted this. Keighley showed it to me. Here is an interesting comment I found... "I think they're showing what people did for beauty through time... the Victorian girl at the beginning had really pale skin because she lost so much blood through blood-letting (on her neck, I guess), the 40s ladies are holding little pump things that they used on their boobs to look like Marilyn, the 70s girls cut their eyelids (they're holding scapels) to get Twiggy eyelids, and then the last girl is getting tanned (the girls around her are holding mirrors reflecting light onto her)." And then later... "dude, i figured it out! the first girl has a slash on her neck b/c she's supposed to be Marie Antoinette (who got beheaded!)."

Most film kids have to see La Jetee... but it is so much better in French. This is the second half, so those who are interested should look it up on Youtube... they have the first half in French with English subtitles, or the whole video with English voice over. I love, love the part at 8 minutes when she wakes up.

No comments: