Monday, April 27, 2009

A BOY ON A BICYCLE ON A ROOFTOP

Yesterday Zeb and I began the actual filming of the music video. He had the brilliant idea of taking his old rusted bicycle up to the rooftop of the Berklee dorm. It was really quite fantastic, I can't believe I neglected to bring a camera, I could have gotten some fantastic lomo photos in addition to the 16mm footage. Regardless, it was still a lovely way to spend the afternoon. I sat on top of radiators and filmed him swerving around on the bike in my pair of purple sunglasses. I really hope that the footage comes out well, there is so much more pressure when you are shooting with actual film, there are quite a few things that can go badly, mostly relating to light and exposing it correctly. We also did a huge bit of stop motion single framing that I am also hesitant about, there were times when I was using the wide angle lens despite the fact that the aperture didn't open quite as far as it should have. Fingers crossed that everything comes out well and that Zeb is satisfied. We are going to film a tea party in a tree next. I have quite a bit of things to do piling up lately. Hopefully I can make it through the end of the year without it being too overwhelming. I need to go to the post office to mail a big box of things back home... I think I will venture out to do that now, I really hope its not to heavy to carry all that way.

2 comments:

Keighley said...

This sounds so wonderful. I want to be there SO bad.
But you're going to be here SO soon, so it's okay.

Hanna said...

I know... I can't believe it! I'm so excited to see youuu.