Thursday, April 23, 2009

FROM THE NET


So, while stumbling around the net, I happened upon a website called vi.sualize.us. It had some fantastic photographs, some of which I am going to share.Check out the site for more... if you are interested.
In other news, I just found out that I am featured in Em Magazine's "Street Seen" which is kinda exciting... you can view it here. I'm not totally keen on my hair... but its pretty awesome that I was selected, so I have no complaints.
The other day in my plants class we were looking at interesting things relating to plants and people, such as the man who discovered a two inch fir tree growing in his lung. National geographic made a short video about it which can be viewed here. I've included the x ray as well, there are pictures of the actual lung and tree, but I will leave that up to you to google. We also talked about Julia Butterfly Hill, a environmentalist and activist who spent two years in a tree named Luna. She has a book now called, The Legacy of Luna.... anyway, while I was looking her up, I came across a blog with a entry about treehouses. Check it out.

No comments: