Friday, October 23, 2009

FILM BUSINESS

My film two shoot is tomorrow, so naturally I am taking advantage of all the equipment being stored in my room and making lovin photobooth pics with the camera and the film.
I love the smell of the camera box. It has the mag/film smell of a camera and I just love it. I really do enjoy just touching and setting up these cameras. I really hope that the shoot goes well despite the promise of rain tomorrow. I want this to look beautiful. I'm still unsure of my DP abilities but I am excited to finally shoot.
I met with my camera team the other night and went over everything which made me look forward to actually using the camera... which made me excited to start shooting. I have this cute little freshmen on my camera team who I am teaching. I don't know if I am going to let him load a mag or not yet... but I will adopt him.
I just got recruited for four different film twos as an AC but have to choose two which is going to be hard since I know everyone. I am also on the FPS camera team though its my first time with a digital camera, I think we are shooting on a Phantom. I am going to a Phantom camera workshop at Boston Camera regardless I think. I guess I am back in the full swing of "film shoot season." I have a shoot every weekend into December at least. I have so much photography to do this week. I hope I can get it all in. We have two more rolls to shoot and develop plus two contact sheets and five prints due next Thursday and I am on set all weekend. I guess I will just get film set photos. I have one print done though:

3 comments:

Ian said...

You get to shoot on a Phantom? That's pretty impressive. I really like the look of that arri too. Very pretty. Is it synchronous?

Hanna said...

Haha you think the HD camera is impressive. Well yeah, I guess I'm giving in a little. I'm learning the RED and the Phantom now. It is not synchronous. We have a 722 flash recorder. What do you think of the print?

Ian said...

I like the print quite a bit, although it is very weird, which is good. RED too? Nice. I'm still on the fence about that thing. I'd rather shoot film. Which I am.