Saturday, October 24, 2009

FILM TWO

So I just got back from the first shooting day of my Film Two. It went okay... we are on schedule which is good. It was raining which made things interesting and more difficult and wet, but I think we got most of what we needed. I really love being the DP and looking through the lens and taking shots and running the camera and such. Its also nice to have people to take care of you somewhat. So after all is said and done... I love DPing just like everyone said I would... I just want to see how it comes out. I'm still not totally confident in my abilities, I'm still learning a bunch and need to learn more about lighting. But I felt like I was as prepared as I could be. Overall I just love being so close to that camera. Our shot list is all kinds of crazy because my director is kinda all over the place... but we are getting it done. Tomorrow we are meeting at 7am to do it all over again, and once we wrap I will have successfully DPed my first film. We only shot a roll and a half today so I'm hoping we can keep it to 3 or 4 rolls or something in between. Then we can sell the rest and not have to spend hundreds of dollars on film (as great as it is). We had 3 rolls allotted to us and 3 that we bought from Kodak (for 300 dollars)... so... if we shoot 3, ideal. If we shoot 4 still good. I'm going to go look through my camera assistant handbook (aka BIBLE) and try to shoot the rest of the roll for photography. My life is cameras, cameras, cameras lately. But I like it. Also... really want to see this: in addition to Where the Wild Things are.

No comments: