Wednesday, June 9, 2010

BACK OF THE TRUCK

The other night I watched Wristcutters: A Love Story and had wanted to put this video on here but embedding is disabled so you'll have to click the link. I also just wanted to share that tonight I rode down to town at dusk in the back of my dad's truck. It was a warm summer night and I was finishing off a popsicle. It was such a fantastic experience. I forgot how good it is to ride back there. My dad usually has a cap on the back but took it off recently when my parents rented a tiller. We used to ride home in the back of my dad's truck when he picked us up from school. On really good days we would also get to go to 7/11 and get a slurpee or something. Anyway it was really lovely and I enjoyed myself quite a bit. We walked around Old Pond Park which is flooded right now because the river is so high. Its really intense right now, just gushing. Coco had a great time running through the shallow pools of water and kept picking up long tree branches to run around with so my dad and I had to watch our legs. I also rode home in the back of the truck laying on top of my dad's toolbox to watch the stars and the night sky. I remember once when we went camping we were driving late attempting to find a spot and I rolled my window down all the way and put my pillow so I could lay with my head partially out the window and stare at the stars. It reminded me of that night.

No comments: