Sunday, October 3, 2010

THE AIR BREATHED BY TREES

It finally seems to be fall in Boston. Today is nice and cool and crisp, I want to wander around just to breathe it all in. I was in DC this weekend filming documentary footage of a rally for my friend Kristy. It was held around the reflection pool at the Lincoln memorial. There were a ton of people there. It was interesting to experience that in DC and I enjoyed it. We took a bus from Boston late Friday night, attended the rally and drove back in the evening, getting back into Boston early this morning. It was a long haul with a lot of awkward sleeping. Before I left to get on the bus Friday I went to ballet with Rita. I enjoyed it even though I haven't done ballet since I was little. I remember being able to slip my foot, with a ballet slipper on it, into my snowboots. My legs are sore now though, I think I need to stretch more often. We are going back to the same place for belly dance on Wednesday and I am excited and interested in trying a new class. Tonight I am going with Emily to her friends comedy show at a bar down the block from where I live. I might dash to the darkroom quickly to develop some film before. I am curious to see if some of the shots I snapped in DC came out. In the meantime I am listening to guitar drifting in through my vent, my neighbor is practicing. As always I will leave you with some things from the web.
London 1920: (there are some fab clips of people near the middle/end.)

The volcano that nearly trapped me in Europe


Love is Louder (Emerson had been named the number one LGBT friendly college in America by the Princeton Review)

There are many places I would like to go, this one is in Oregon
(along with dear M who I would also like to visit)

And we have a new contributor to our fashion blog, my friend Erin... so do check it out.

No comments: