Monday, October 11, 2010

LEAVES THAT LOOK LIKE FIRE

A billion hours of internet mind sucking later... I have decided to type up a post and finish some actual work. First, Livi came over the other night after our class was canceled. Our professor walked in and drew this on the board:And then told us he was sick and was going home to sleep so class was canceled. He is pretty wonderful. Livi and I decided to have whiskey shots with a gum chaser.
Livi: "How do we make this look more artsy... can we put it in black and white?"
Classy.
Pretend you just sneezed.
Senior photo.
"Hanna you look like you are on some kind of drug they would give to women housewives to keep them peppy."
Then Livi and I made snogging scales. One through ten with how "far" you go sexually. So if two is make out you can say "we made it to two." This concept is from the book Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging with we both read... and this is actually what started me and Livi talking on the plane to Europe (and the castle), she was seated next to me (we are both Kelly's) and the movie was one of the options on the personal screens. She had seen it and had read the books... I had read the books and decided to watch it, discussion ensues. Anyway. It was a blast. What up Wasty Wednesday.


The other day at work we hosted a bunch of lighting companies so they could give demonstrations of their new lights. The Arri guy showed up and here is what happened:

"Am I the first one here?" -The Arri Guy
"No, Mole Richardson just went up." -Hanna
"Oh crap, that Mole Richardson... who is repping? Is it Tommy,* I bet its Tommy. Always trying to beat me."
"Umm..."
"Well did Mole give you anything?"
"No."
"Well I did!"
And hands me the hat below.

*Names have been changed because I can't remember them.
My scanner is not working. Which is annoying considering I have things to scan. Such as photos. But I will take some photobooth shots of my prints... just keep in mind that it is probably best to see them in person. (I also have contact sheets, but those really should be scanned to see anything properly.)








I recently purchased a scissors necklace. Along with other things I will share later.
And finally. I went to Maine this weekend with my dad, aunt, uncle and cousin/his girlfriend (Sean, Laurie, Mike, Ian/Katie). It was so wonderful. We were staying in someone's summer cabin that they rent out when they are not around. It was a little, old, cozy place on a lake tucked at the back of a cute little town. The first night we went down the road for Beth's (Laurie's friend) 60th birthday in a barn. They were projecting photos of her on the side of the barn, cooking delicious food and had a bluegrass band playing. The barn was decorated with lights and garland and everyone was dancing. It was lovely and cinematic. The next day we drove to some waterfalls and hiked around in the fall colors before going to Jimmy's (somehow related to Beth and family) for a pizza party. His house felt lived in and open and had a great front room with huge windows that let sun in. There were cats, books, and comfortable furniture strewn about and a dog to great us. There was a garden, outdoor kitchen and swing set in back and it was tucked in a nice quiet patch of forest. They had a old school brick pizza oven and whipped together dough and all the toppings from scratch (a lot of the veggies were from the garden) and people got to put toppings on and create their own pizza. It was delicious. Probably some of the best pizza I've ever had. Everyone ate by the fireplace and talked while drinking beer. The entire weekend had a great ambiance. All the people and their homes and just the area in general were fantastic. I will post photos if and when I get them (my dad had a digital camera and I took a few rolls of film.) We finished off the time having food in town and running into a thrift store. Then my dad, Sam (who goes to Suffolk) and I drove back to Boston. Dad and I hit up Chinatown and he continued on to Connecticut. It was a great long weekend.

I would recommend Shipyard Pumpkinhead Beer. It is so yum. (I think.)

2 comments:

Marika said...

That sounds like magic. All I ever want is to be on vacation in places like that.

Hanna said...

I would like to take you there. It was really wonderful.