Sunday, August 15, 2010

AVALANCHES OF OBJECTS

Scene from my 21st birthday, wine and ice cream cake

I'm currently finishing my huge clean out of everything in my room for the summer. I usually do this every so often because:
A) I like to organize/be organized
B) I have a terrible habit of accumulating things
This huge clean is also hopefully serving the purpose of finding my extremely overdo book which I swore I returned to the library but has somehow fallen off the face of the earth. The librarians are all sweethearts though and keep renewing it. Last time I was in there checking out Greenburg the librarian forced me to put my money away (to pay for the book) and over-rode the restrictions that were trying to prevent him from renewing it AGAIN. "Just look everywhere And I mean everywhere... its due back on the 23rd. Good luck." I don't want to let them down but at this point... I have absolutely no more ideas. As I was leaving the library that last time I ran into one of the librarians that has been there since I can remember. Her name is Jean and she knows exactly who I am. We had a talk about what I was doing, and what were my plans after I graduated? "I'm sure you're going to end up in a library" was the conclusion she came to after I spoke of hoping to find an internship that would lead to a position with a production company or something. I always liked the idea of working in a library though, and I could see myself being a librarian when I'm old. Perhaps Janine will work there too. Anyway, it was a nice conversation and I discovered that they are screening European films every Wed night at 6. I couldn't make it to the last one on account of Kevin (I also usually babysit every Wed until 7) but I am going to try to make an appearance at some point. I would like to explain to Jean why I am a no show considering how she went on a rant about how I am different than other people my age and still use the library and its facilities and so on. Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent. I think that Kevin and I should make an animation about the Sapp Bros truck stop. (I found this fantastic group of photos googleing it.) We had quite an interesting experience there that I will share once I am done cleaning my room. I think that we could come up with a lot of good techniques and such using collage style animation. We'll see... it will be difficult but Kevin provides two good things:
A) The ability to make interesting good things
B) The patience to make it well
I got really into the idea of animations again after being in Prague and going to Barrendov studios. The Czech people are really into making films with puppets and we watched several shorts and hung out with the lady who makes puppets (after this I was interested in how I could become her apprentice... she had such a good studio space and it just seemed so good and rewarding to make a puppet. I could also imagine working meticulously on a set with puppet animation, and I liked the idea of it.) So there is all that. My dad just sent me two photos. Notice how I was caving with my Diana Mini.

No comments: