Monday, August 2, 2010

FILLING BATHTUBS WITH DEW

So this is so good: click me! and also from Kevin.

And along the subject of photos... Lomo has a great really really really tempting deal right now regarding the next Lomo camera I want, the LC-A. If you buy one you get a free action sampler boing. I am really considering one of the packages (one comes with an instant back!)

My lovely grandma has flown back to Florida to be soon replaced with Kevin who gets in tomorrow, late. It is supposed to rain most of the time he is here... hopefully not, though I do love a good rain storm. Today it poured for a good while in the afternoon making me think of Jane and the time we got out of her mom's car to walk the rest of the way home in the rain. We arrived completely soaked and changed into warm pajamas after warm showers and watched movies and drank hot chocolate for the rest of the night. Its amazing to feel the rain.

I made a list today of the things I would like to be able to do while Oliver was napping.
*Sew
*Cook/bake
*Dance
*Metal work/jewelry/sculpture
*Anything to do with art
*Play instruments
*Knit
*Speak other languages
*Sing
*Garden
*Be able to identify trees and birds and other natural things
*Know more about interesting animals (I was reading about Amazon animals from Oliver's Amazon ABC, at the end there are blurbs. Like Jaguars are the only big cat that do not roar. I was wondering what sound they did make, if any. And there is a wild dog called a Zorro (which is fox in espanol) that we don't really know anything about. And one animal is red faced, but its face gets less red in captivity. I wonder what the purpose of its red face is in nature. And sloths move slow enough to have moss grow off them so what is it like when they have to give birth. Does it take forever?) I think I would just like to know more about things in general.
*Know more about camera related things
*Travel
*Live in a South or Central American country
*Live in a house I love and decorate it
*Keep the things I already have and like
*Read
*Spend time in libraries
*Spend time doing interesting things
*Camp
*Write
*Visit Janine in Alaska
*Live with my Grandma in Italy next summer for a bit (she just rented a little place)
That is all I can remember now. I think anything relating to those areas can be included. I also think I want to come home for at least one more summer. Partially because I feel obligated to the people I work for and partially because I just love it here. Colorado is fantastic.

2 comments:

Keighley said...

I wish you and I had lived together at some point in our lives (discluding you living at my mom's house with me when I'm back). We never lived together and I miss it somehow.

Hanna said...

Me too.