Tuesday, August 17, 2010

YOUR CUP IS ON MY WINDOWSILL

Today I read Charlie and the Chocolate factory. It was really interesting to read it after seeing the movies and having read it as a little girl with my dad. I remembered a lot of the illustrations from childhood. Another interesting thing that I picked up on is that there is a part where they pass the room for Butterscotch and Buttergin (very clever)... but I wonder if that is where JK Rowling got the idea for Butterbeer in Harry Potter. I am reading Alice in Wonderland now (despite being half way through two other books that I should finish.) I want to read James and the Giant Peach and may re-read Matilda as well. I got a little crazy and raided the bookshelf downstairs... I brought a pile of Steinbeck, a Tom Robbins, a Kurt Vonegut, a Thoreau, the Lord of the Rings and some Edward Abbey back up to my room along with Alice in Wonderland and Matilda to add to my reading pile. I guess I've been into marathons lately. Last night I watched Help!, Ella Enchanted (on tv), Saved, New York Minute and Superbad. My parents just got a new car... a Subaru Forester. It looks like this: I'm excited to drive it... having never driven a new car before. I'm kinda inheriting my mom's car while I am home. So that should be interesting and weird.

No comments: