Thursday, July 1, 2010

CZECH THINGS

I got my septum pierced yesterday after talking about it for a long time. Its weird that it is actually in my nose now. It hurt to get it done as most body modification does, but it wasn't too bad. I'm not thrilled about the ring but it was the best option out of what they had. I am planning on trying to switch it out in two weeks and may just go back to the shop and see if my piercer will do it for me. I want a small "pincher," a crescent shaped ring with an opening that allows you to flip it up. I have one picked out that is made of bone and white and small. Once I switch the rings I think I will really like it, but in the meantime it is still weird and foreign and I am getting used to another piece of metal in my face. I need to figure out a way to post a photo. In other Czech events, last night we went to a Karaoke bar and sang a lot. It was very fun and silly, we even tried to sing along to the Czech songs (largely sung by one of two middle age women with actually very decent voices.) We ended up staying until they closed and walked up to the dorm as the sky was getting light. A few days ago we took a day trip into a little town nearby called Sedlec that is home to the bone church. It is a small church that is decorated with human bones. It was weird but interesting and a good voyage. The train ride back we stood in the isle of the train with our faces out of the open windows watching the rolling green scenery and forests pass us by. It was lovely. This weekend we are going to the Karlovy Vary filmfestival in Karlovy Vary which is also home to spas, mineral baths and hot springs. Its going to be good. And finally, there is a (not very good) documentary on one of my film professors here that some NYU kids made on Youtube. There is a part two if you are interested as well. He is extremely amusing, especially since he will run around and yell about things that are "crap" or "fucked up." He also calls the auto settings on a camera "Japanese" and says "do you understand" a lot. A lot. Overall he is just a good character.

No comments: