Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WONDERS

So today we watched Valerie and Her Week of Wonders along with three other films. (The Joke, Diamonds in the Night, and Conspiracy of Pleasure. Diamonds in the night has a really good and interesting opening shot but I can't seem to find it on youtube...) Anyway, here is a scene from Valerie to give you a sense of how lovely its shots are. It is really weird and twisted and surreal but I really liked it. I wanted to find this scene where the character Eagle is on top of a bookcase playing a... banjo? (he switches instruments a few times) lullaby to Valerie, but again I couldn't find it. I would recommend watching it (the whole film) even though its really weird and a little effed up because she is always seen somewhat sexually and she is 13. Today was our last day of class though, all I have left of the program is the final screening tomorrow and the farewell dinner. I am curious to see what people think of my film. I'm pretty proud of a good chunk of the visuals. In other news... THERE IS A LOMO STORE IN PRAGUE and we are going there tomorrow! So excited. Last night we went bowling which was ridiculously fun and a good idea. Now I just want to go bowling all the time. Hopefully when I get back I will go at least once before the summer is over. Umm. I think that's all.

No comments: