Sunday, June 21, 2009

BEATLE BUSINESS

So after I had released the mouse, I went downstairs to find a bird trapped in the house trying desperately to get out a window. I had to open all the doors and run around chasing him until he flew out of one. Woodland creatures all over the house. I've just been talking about the Beatles due to this website: baby Beatles. I find them quite fantastic for several reasons, but one that I especially like is their involvement with mail. They used to send each other postcards and I received a fab book a while back with a collection of Ringo's postcards (the ones sent to him). They are very amusing to read, they address them like:
Cut Mill Lane
Elstead Surrey
Hurry! and
Anyone?
Apple?
Brookfields?
Cut Mill Lane?
Elstead?
Sorry. and
To Big Build Me Up Whiskers Galore
Brookfields
Cut Mill Lane
Elstead
Surrey.
and say things like:
Dear Sir,
Mr. B Lumpy.
of Oniston on Wey
Cathletown.
Arston.
Begs your pardon.

and
Did you know we were the youngest bores of the year!?!? and
Keep off the grass!

and
Dear Ringo, we're here and you're there. This is the truth as we see it. Yours in [something I can't quite read]
You can read about it here.
My dad told me that Ringo used to answer all of his fan mail personally when I was telling him about the book. He doesn't think that he still does, but I may just send him something to see. The only problem is...what do you say to Ringo? On the one hand its just Ringo and he is just a guy and its not a huge deal, but on the other its Ringo who is extremely famous and has gotten heaps of mail for a long while now. I don't know, we'll see if I send him anything, but I think just that fact that he did that is just as great as getting something from him would be. Though getting something would be pretty awesome. I think I will just leave him alone. But speaking of the Beatles:

No comments: