Monday, June 15, 2009

UTAH RADIO

I had a radio show today. I think it went fairly well... I was a little stumbly with my words at first... but I had three people tell me that it was a good show. One of the guys called the station just to tell me thanks for playing one of his favorite "tunes." That is always great, when people call in to let you know they like what they hear. Actually I think I had a few really good sets, my last one in particular. It was a two hour show so it had a lengthy playlist. My dad said it was a good show when I called him afterward, and he is always honest. So I'm going to say it was successful. That said, I have never had a flawless show, there is always something... but I don't mind much. Some things can give it character I suppose. I just got back from Utah. We drove six and a half hours straight so I could be back for radio. It was a good trip though. We did a bit of hiking around as usual and returned to Antelope Island. We had another slightly bizare climb over the hill and ran into a giant buffalo on the way down. He was sleeping. We also hiked up this winding narrow road up to a trail in Mill Creek Canyon. The road was lined with little summer cabins tucked away in lush green vegitation. (I guess they could be used as cross country ski or winter cabins as well but they looked like old summer cabins from the 60s, well most of them.) My dad and I picked out the ones we liked the most, though I wasn't really crazy about any of them, and then discussed what we would do. We decided on a modern cabin with either a parkitecture (national park architecture style) or mining style twist and big windows/skylights. It would be sustainable and easy to maintain with a garden and plants surrounding the place and a place to store things, like the little buggy we would have. Before we went up Mill Creek, we went to this great brunch place called Ruthie's up in a different canyon... the name escapes me. They had great food and fantastic pictures of Ruthie, this little old lady with a dog and a cigarette in her hand. I wish I had snapped a shot of one of her in the kitchen. Though it rained quite a bit (seems that this is the summer of rain for us...) it was a good trip. I'm ready to set out on a camping expedition soon. Utah is really a great state, there are all kinds of things hidden there.

1 comment:

janine said...

i didn't know you did a show! let me know next time & i'll listen. you're wonderful. xoxo.