Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SPACE

I am starting a new journal today! I love it a lot. It is my sixth book journal, and due to my this I figured I would share the others. I included some pages from each...

JOURNAL ONE (my first bookjournal) A Merriam-Webster Elementary Dictionary

This is the template (I guess you would say) of a birthday card I made.
My senior picture is down there... along with this awkward one the photographer made me and Ian do... Above that is a series of photostrips Rene and I made for Sofa when she was Chiffon in my high school's production of Little Shop of Horrors.
JOURNAL TWO The Home Medical Book

A dino.
A Spectra Polaroid that Ian took in Denver of an apartment complex.
My label maker put to use up there, a photo of a Sinclair sign down there.



Below is one of the most fantastic Polaroids I have ever taken. It is dark but for the red letters of HILTON.
JOURNAL THREE Gatie the Alligator

A wonderful postcard of old West... reminds me of Janine now.



The only thing written on the telephone page is... and call my mom.
Rodney, my first RA gave Ann and I temporary tattoos in the envelope, complete with a cartoon Rodney, he was fantastic. Below is a thumbnail of one of Maria's paintings, the same woman who painted the deer hanging on my wall and tattooed my bird. I would love love love to get this painting.
JOURNAL FOUR Dinosaurs
Probably my greatest journal.
The bit above there is from a children's book called The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers. Now I don't have this book, but I think I should. The diagram of the left says A)Book goes in B)Information goes to brain [brain getting bigger] C)Belly gets full. His brain is made of a piece of ripped out text. And the background is graph paper. Click here for more.

A playlist from a radio show above... and a Polaroid from polanoid.net below.

Addresses and the Beatles.

More polanoid.net and a great old postcard I bought in Ecuador.

Passport and airplane necklace on my desk along with a Complimentary Shoe Service "flier" in Wes Anderson font. Below a umbrella I painted.

JOURNAL FIVE An Elephant is Not a Cat

My brother wrote one page in an old Harry Potter journal that I found. I copied this page and made it the beginning of my journal. It says: Stay out! This is my propprty so stay out or else you are dead meat you'll be sold in a butcher shop and eaten by canables ant that's the end so stay out. Below another painted piece I did with a page from an old photography book.

A lovely piece of artwork I saw at the Aspen Art Museum, underneath I wrote a quote that was painted on the wall of an artist studio I was at for a film shoot. It say: Even in madness and death she was beautiful.


Directions for editing on a Steenbeck and a map of Boston below that.

So there you are, a brief glimpse into my bookjournals. Check out bookjournals.com or go here... I've also seen them at Urban recently. OF COURSE. The guy who makes them, Jacob, is a sweetheart though. I've talked to him on several occasions... if you have a book that you would like made into a custom bookjournal he will do it for ten dollars, you just have to get the book to him.

3 comments:

janine said...

this post essentially encapsulates why i love you. you're wonderful, you are. thanks for sharing.

Keighley said...

Oh my word. These are lovely but....that pic of you and Ian can only merit a 'bahahahahahah'. Oh dear, that's silly.

Hanna said...

You have no idea, she was like... lay on his back. It was awkward and weird, but kinda hilarious.