Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SMOKE, RAIN AND LILACS

I have five billion things that I could be doing, so of course I am writing five billion postcards to send to everyone I like who has given me their address. Mail is such a wonderful thing though, and I really enjoy postcards... so I suppose that this can all be considered for a greater good. I saw Up with Jane tonight. We had a rather nice date actually, soup and salads at the Bistro followed by a trip to Heirlooms, where I got this necklace. Then we went to Jane's for a bit and watched music videos and half of Stagecoach on TCM before heading out to the movies. I really really liked it... Up that is, it was really simple and delightful. I came home afterward in hopes of tackling the last pile from unpacking (I somehow managed to unpack my suitcases and put all my clothes away and unpack my boxes, the content of which now are piled on my floor...) but of course I got distracted. I would like to be able to actually get up early and deal with it then, but I most likely will not do that, I work better at night most of the time anyway. When I was walking up to my house I smelled the most interesting and yet somehow remotely familiar scent of smoke, rain and lilacs.

2 comments:

Keighley said...

That necklace is intensely huge, but it's gooooood.

Hanna said...

I knew you were going to say something about it... I thought of you when I saw it.