Saturday, June 27, 2009

OLD WORDS

I found a bunch of my old journals... like from when I was ten and in seventh grade and stuff. They are ridiculous but interesting and a tid embarrassing. It is strange because in a way I essentially write about the same things, or have similar tendencies. I made lists and such. I found an entry from election day 2000 which was interesting because I was writing about Al Gore and George Bush from the perspective of a nine year old. I also found a some of these "All About Me" books that I made, one from middle school and one from 9th grade. My parents and I have been cleaning out things... my parents found a box of old photos, many of which were really fantastic. Great colors. It made me realize yet again how great photos taken with film are, its kinda hard to explain, but there is a good crispness and quality. It is interesting to step back into your old self for a little while, we found our old beanie babies and I was surprised to find I rememebered a lot of them, "where is the black bear?" We also found Samantha, the American Doll. My mom kept saying "you can give her to your little girl." I used to love her and her things. She had a mini paint set with actual paints and a mini copy of the Wizard of Oz that you could read. She is being discontinued now... my roommate Kelly and I were looking at the website after trying to find these Barbies Kaitrin and I remembered... generation girls or something. We never found them. They had a filmmaker barbie though, I'm pretty sure, and an artist, a skateboarder and a swimmer... they are no where to be found on the internet though. Well, we didn't know the name of them, so that could be part of it, but usually a bit of searching will produce something. I just watched In Brudges.

No comments: