Friday, May 7, 2010

12:12 AM

So having cleaned my room recently I rediscovered the glorious gift cards my sweet mother gave me for Christmas including:
A) $100 for B and H Photo
B) $75 for Lulu's
Thank you mom! Of course this has started the internet window shopping experience. Sometimes it is very difficult for me to make up my mind. I was considering using the hundred toward a new point and shoot digital camera since my was tragically lost in Appeldorn, but I found the same camera with a 2 gig card included for the same price on Costco's website so I may just wait... there is some great film that I could buy instead such as Instax mini film and various lomo 35mm that does interesting things. Like tints and cross processed colors... as of right now that is extremely appealing to me. Actually... quick side note. I went to Target today to get two rolls of film developed, including a diana mini roll (!)... actually double side note... this was an extreme impulse buy that was super fantastic. While in Amsterdam (after just buying a Brownie holiday camera from an antique mart) we walked through a fantastic section of small shops when I spotted a entire window filled with every lomo camera PLUS an instax. Needless to say I freaked out and ran inside only to be surrounded by the greatest photo store EVER. (Writing this makes me hope I still have the receipt... so I know its name and such.) One wall was photo paper, another film, and then on top of it all lomo cameras everywhere! I practically kissed the man who worked there. I picked up a diana mini plus flash and asked him how much it was. Seventy five euro plus two free rolls of film! I bought it and had a lovely conversation with the man about lomo and film and the greatness of the store and left jumping around with absolute happiness and excitement. I think its safe to say that I am a lomo addict at this point. And really just a camera addict. Anyway, Target. So I waited around for an hour and gave them an extra 15 minutes just because I know they don't always put them in right away and went back inside only to hear the guy tell me that the photo machine was acting up and the lady who knew how to fix it was coming in at 3 so they would be done later. It was 1:30. Why this guy didn't tell me that it wasn't working earlier... I had handed my film to him... is beyond me. So I had to leave the photos to be picked up when I go pick up Christine from the airport. I guess I did see Chelsea (K's sister) and buy a copy of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (which I have been craving) for nine dollars. After I picked up Evan and brought him to the mall so he could go to Zumies. He bought a new pair of jeans and some Vans that I like. It was quite an ordeal though. He was short cash and I only had thirty dollars that did not quite cover it, so we went to my car, counted all the change, including two dollars in pennies only to find Evan had thought the sum was less than it was and finally had to go to the bank, call my mom for Evan's account number and withdraw money. He didn't know his social or have an ID but luckily the teller was nice and let him withdraw by telling her his information such as his birthday, address and the like. So when we went back to Zumies to try to pay for the third time we finally got the stuff. The bit with the spare change was really quite funny and we got it converted into six actual dollars. This gay kid who worked there came over and asked me where everything I was wearing came from, including my jewelry so I had to stand there and point at things "thrift store, grandma, gap? my mom gave it to me one Christmas, urban renewal, marc jacobs, some jewelry place in Boston" and so on. I was wearing a floral print (what I think of as cowgirl) dress with a metallic belt, leggings and my white ankle cowboy boots. Plus a three quarter sleeve long gray sweatshirt/sweater and rings. It all started with him telling me he liked my boots. It was a bit ridiculous and ended with a conversation about Buffalo Exchange. I ended up leaving Glenwood without accomplishing any of the errands that I had wanted to due to silly obstacles. Back to online shopping... after browsing Lulu's and deciding that I would really like a pair of oxfords. I discovered that the tan only came in an 9 and the other models were sold out. There is a pair in black but I'm not sure if I can rock black shoes or not. Its annoying when you come to a decision of sorts to only have to go back through things again. I also like this dress and this belt... though not together... anyway, opinions? Can I do the black oxfords? I suppose I can always return things, but that is just such a hassle. I have started to read Watchmen which is interesting so far. I've read two books since being home and want to keep the trend going. I'm trying to be reading consistently through the summer. I've made it a goal. Actually my summer goals include:
1) Read
2) Make/save money
3) Practice guitar
4) Learn to sew (on a machine naturally, I'm not the best as of now...)
5) Be active, get in shape
6) Cook
7) Go through my things, get rid of some of them
8) Bellydance
9) Make things, art, mail, knitted things
10) Go camping/be outside often (can include potential bike rides)
So there is that. I have been craving sesame tofu quite a bit lately for whatever reason. Ho Palace does a good rendition. It reminds of a time where Lorraine and I ordered it and ate it in her bed watching something. Who knows where Ian was or what he was doing. I still remember the cool summer night that surrounded the house and peeked in the windows. There were a few good evenings spent in that bedroom, such as when Sofa and I went through a bunch of her old things she was getting rid of. I ended up with a shawl made of thick yarn that I used as a scarf and Sofa took home a vintage night gown. I think we each got a pair of earrings as well. This remembering leads me inevitably to Student Filmfest which is tomorrow night. I don't think I am going to be able to make it though which is ridiculous and terrible of me due to the fact that I agreed to babysit before I knew. The one year I'm actually home in time and they not only have only one night of screenings but I can't attend. There is the possibility I will just bring the kids, but that may be too much too. I would like to be back for shortfest one of these years as well. That was always fantastic. I have been trying to catch up with reading everyone's blog. I like to go through everything and be totally read which always ends up taking a while but is interesting none the less. Livi is coming to visit June 9th until the 16th and we are going to a MGMT concert at Red Rocks with Dave and the singer from his band, Ben. A summer full of visits! Anyway, enough of this. I had pics I was going to include by that would require getting them from my phone via bluetooth and I would honestly rather go to bed. Maybe I'll post them later.

2 comments:

Keighley said...

Okay, I'm really excited that you FOUND a B&H gift card. That's incredible. You're instax film woes are over!

And I'm glad you saw Chelsea. at work. Because it's really funny. to see Chelsea. at work.

Hanna said...

Hehe totally right on both counts course.