Thursday, May 20, 2010

THINGS FROM THE DAY

I'm blogging like mad lately, as tends to happen when I actually have time. I had a somewhat interesting day that started with me having to pick up Kir from surgery. She was getting a cell tumor removed from her finger and needed someone to drive her home. I arrived to find her sitting on a doctors bed with a gown on drinking water through a straw. We had to chat while waiting for her goody bag of Vicadin, gauze and so on before sitting through a talk by the surgeon which included the phrase "I did a good job." Then everyone left and told her she could change and I stood up not knowing if I should leave or not when Kir asked me to untie the robe, I did and before asking if I should go she was half naked and I was helping her get dressed. It was unexpected but slightly humorous as I was getting her foot through the leg hole, it reminded me of when I have to dress her daughters. Speaking of which I am taking T to the pool tomorrow which should be fun. There is something great about carrying around a little chubby baby/toddler in a bathing suite through the water. Of course the goal of this swimming trip is to tire her out so she'll be wading around on her own too. I started getting back into making mail, I'm catching up on replying to a bunch that I got while Christine was here. I have been going through the fantastic pile of old children's books from Keighley's garage sale. Some wonderful titles include: The Official Boy Scout Handbook, I Learn About God's World: A Rainbow Activity Book: Dinosaurs, Blaze and the Indian Cave, Pages of Adventure, The How and Why Wonder Book of Rocks and Minerals, May I Come In? And more. One page that I plan to include in a letter is titled: Let's Imagine Funny Things... Can you imagine a hen with a pen? a cat who can bat? a pig with a wig? Hopefully my penpals will enjoy them. Speaking of books, I went to the library today with every intention of checking out The Windup Bird Chronicles having called before and been told that they had it... however upon arriving it couldn't be found. I ended up with nothing that I had gone in there for but a book of short stories and a copy of The Virgin Suicides (the book) to read through. I was very close to getting the second Twilight to re-watch but in the end left it behind. I will have to enjoy the awkward embarrassing repeat some other time. I keep ending up with more things at this house. Tonight I have my pillow, complete with cowboy pillowcase, its going to be a good sleepover.

1 comment:

Keighley said...

That Let's Imagine Funny Things was one of my favourites as a little bug...[aka--when i was a little girl].
<3