Tuesday, May 25, 2010

MY ELECTRONIC DISEASE

The Baby

So the baby has been acting up and claims to be infected with a virus, or spyware or something that makes it unhappy. It wanted me to activate anti-virus by paying a good chunk of money but I decided to do what I always do with an electronic crisis, call Ian. Its a good thing that boy knows so much about computers. Apparently his brother's net book just had a similar thing happen. He told me first to NOT PAY and to download this other anti-virus software since my computer was still functioning, just being annoying and popping up windows every five seconds about something being infected and making me nervous about the doom that was about to happen. After I downloaded it Ian directed me to go into "safe mode" with networking which is where I am right now. Hiding out and running virus scans with my new software. Everything looks pretty old school (the name of what that is called Ian told me and I already forgot... I think binary but that is not right) especially the virus scanning, its just black with white bits in computer rather than English. So... I'm not entirely sure if the scans worked or what is happening but I am just waiting here, in safe mode until I know what to do next. It has to be a good sign that it is still alive and functioning and that this is even an option, so I am going to be optimistic. That said... WHAT THE FUCK ELECTRONICS!? All I do is love you and you ALL DIE! Or something bad happens. Sigh. My big computer will be returned to me this week however, with more RAM more harddrive (a whole new one with 5times more space then my old one) and new OSX! So I guess that worked out in my favor in a way. I just need to get that damn apple key that sticks up fixed. It may be more trouble than its worth though. In other news, I have been babysitting a bit lately and have been doing activities such as: Making dandelion crowns

Swimming (T in her tiny weenie yellow polka dot bikini)

Face paint. (Anna made me Frankenstein and I made her Frankenstein... and then a dog.)Today while I was driving home I watched the shadow of a bird skip across the pavement. I would like to capture it in a film. Fingers crossed that the baby recovers.

No comments: