Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ODDS AND ENDS

Another lovely part of the castle was the bike I rented, Friendship. It was olive green with a light and a rack. It was fantastically vintage looking and so much fun to ride. Every time I got on it I loved my decision to rent it. I miss riding it around town and exploring the forests and sand dunes that were scattered around the town. I became much more confident riding a bike and can now ride without hands which is something I never thought I would be able to do. I think that my bike is still messed up from Evan doing something ridiculous on it but I have been craving a ride through Glenwood canyon once it is more summer like. Luckily it seems it be warming up and all the snow around my house has melted.And considering that my porch used to have 8 inches on it, I'm glad to see it go. I'm hoping that the warm weather will keep up while Christine is here so we can go camping. Jane might come along which would be fun. I am really excited to sleep in a tent again. I have been making one piece of mail after another due to the address list I have accumulated this semester. I always start out sending a lot of mail and end up with just a few pen pals. Its a good way for me to make things and use up magazines that I have laying around. My hands are covered in gold paint pen and it has resulted in paper scraps covering my floor.