Monday, May 17, 2010

A WEEKEND WITH K

K came to visit this weekend which was something I needed. Just to see her was really great and I realized after we watched the New Twilight giggling over the awkward embarrassing bits and cooing out to poor little Jacob the werewolf how much I loved her. This happens every so often, I have little moments where I sit back and think about how much I love some of the amazing people I am lucky enough to know. Something as silly as how we were watching that movie just shows how well we do together and how much we can relate and so on. We are just a good pair. And its always great to live at her house for a three day sleepover. We went to Jeff's new amazing house and marveled at it while catching up with Zeb and Jeff. It was good to see them. And that house, it has a effing recording studio in it. We watched Avatar which is Pocahontas but with the CGI and more violence and Mother Willow didn't talk or sing. I guess they didn't really either... sing that is... and the John Smith character actually learned their language and became one of them and so on... it was also a bit of Fern Gully and other movies in that vein. Funny because I was just looking for the "you are like a baby" scene and found this: We also took some potentially wonderful multiple exposure Diana Mini photos and listened to the new Joanna Newsom a lot. It is amazing. K gave me burned versions of the CDs that I have been listening to since I got home. I really like this song quite a bit, though I should note that some of the lyrics are off by a letter every now and then. Actually, this also might be a good time to note that most of my youtube videos are cut off a bit on here, so you may want to click on them and watch them on youtube itself to ensure you are seeing the whole thing. Finally, after seeing a commercial for the new Olympus pen cameras I have been looking into them and have decided I would like this one. Its expensive though so I'm not sure if or when I will get it... maybe my parents will pitch in for my birthday or something... I do still have my gift card for B and H too, so we will see. I am going through some of my things, trying to get rid of some of it. I managed to put six bags into the thrift store pile. Getting money potentially for them is good incentive to give things up. Of course I did get a box thing at Misers today while K and I were dropping off a few bags of her things to sell. She got a matching one, though its a bit bigger. It seems its a never ending cycle of getting rid of things and getting new ones. I think I'm being better at consolidating and such though. I am off to find a sewing needle and to make some mail and things from a huge wonderful pile of old children's books I got from Keighley's family's garage sale. It was a good weekend, which began of course with a great week with Christine. (I will be back in a bit to go over the details of that when I have a little more time.)

1 comment:

Keighley said...

Guess What?! I love you. Those videos are great. And there was something else I was going to comment on, but now I don't remember....