Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DIANA

This is my new camera. It is another lomo, a diana. This model is exclusive to Urban, it is a dreamer. I am pretty darn excited about it. However, obtaining this love was quite difficult, and of course I'm going to share the story of how she came into my life.
I have been considering getting this camera for a while now, being a lomo lover it instantly caught my eye and captured my desire. I finally decided I was going to buy it while I was looking at the Urban site a few days ago. I first went to the site to look up the Fugi instax camera, a camera that is similar to the Polaroid but with smaller photos. While I was there I decided I might as well get the Diana and I put in the order. However, a little while later when telling Kelly that I purchased it, I reconsidered buying it online. I called Urban and canceled my order so I could go to the store and purchase it with out the shipping costs. So the following day, yesterday, I ventured out to the T and took the green line to Hynes. I got my camera and a crushed velvet Urban Renewal coat. I'm actually pretty amazed that I didn' buy anything else, they had a really great sale section and I really liked everything I tried on. Actually I kept findings things that reminded me of K. Anyway, after getting my Urban goods I hopped back on T to load the camera before class. However, when I took it out of the box I discovered that the lens of the camera was not connected.
So Kelly and I agreed to go to Urban to exchange it quickly before my class. Once we got there we started to look around and lost track of time, I got the new camera and got back just in time for class. After, I opened the new camera excited to load it with a roll of black and white 120. However this one had the same problem... the lens was not attached to this one either. This was very upsettting. After attending a presentation that Kodak put on I got back on the T and exchanged the camera again. This time I opened the box and made sure that the lens was on. I also ended up geting a lomo book that I had been eyeing Don't Look Just Shoot... it was on sale. Now I finally have my Diana.

1 comment:

Sharath Patil said...

Hello,

Please look at my blog.

Sharath Patil