Monday, January 19, 2009

HOLGA

This is my Holga camera. I rather like it. Its kinda a GI Joe. I've been starting to take more holga photos lately, partially because polaroids have been discontinued. It shoots on 120 format film and can be developed as square or rectangular prints. I have to find a place in Boston that will develop and sell it. When I was in CVS today the photo guy told me about a camera place nearby that I think will be a good bet. As I said in my last post, I almost left my last two rolls in a hotel room in Denver, but lucky for me, my mom is a doll and went and got it for me. I took a bunch of photos with Keighley and of random things on my way out the door and such. I want to get more lomo cameras. As of right now I have three. A super sampler, a pop cam and my holga. The next will be the Diana dreamer I think. Me and K want to split a fantastic plastic package. That will be great. I owe her a super sampler. Below are my three cameras... though the Holga is right up there, I am a photo booth whore and cannot resist putting up extra photos sometimes.
The top is the super sampler. It takes four pictures in a row so that the picture is spilt into four sections. Like the photo below. The second is the Holga of course... and there is more about the photos Holga's take down there... and the third is the pop cam. Which takes four photos and splits the picture into four boxes with four different colors... much like the lenses look. A warhol thing. The following are pictures from my Holga book. Which I like very much because it tells you how to do things like light leaks, vignetting, overlaps, long exposures, and art things... like the two photos below.







This is a fantastic portrait of a Holga. In the midst of the examples of photos from my book...
So the moral of the story, I like my holga, taking photo booth sessions and taking lots photos of books and putting them up on here. And lomography is awesome. Quite simply.

No comments: