Wednesday, January 21, 2009

NEW BLING IN THE FORM OF RINGS

Today was Jen's twentieth birthday. So after class I went birthday gift shopping with Kelly. It was good I brought her along because she helped me find some very Jen items. In the end I got her a peacock green pashmina, a green and orangey stone ring, a mermaid coloring book, a giant pen, and a small box of chocolates. The last three were from the dollar section in CVS. I made her a giant card on a piece of cardboard that came in my calendar. I rather like the card, I scrunched up some bonzy gold tissue paper and then spread it over the cardboard so it looked wrinkeled, and then cut out a fantastic picture of a woman dressed in 40s garb pulling up a stocking from a magazine ad. The creme colors in the ad matched the issue paper perfectly. Then I cut out the letter J E and N from a magazine and wrote a little rhyme on strips of magazine with text to put next to it. It looked like this: While we were searching around So Good Jewlery for a ring for Jen I stumbled across two rings that I ended up purchasing. One is a big horn sheep head that has little black jewls all over it and green jewls for the eyes, the other is kinda mod shapes.Now I just really have to stop spending money for a bit. But I'm pretty satified with my purchases... and most things were for Jen. So thats a way to justify it I guess. Heh. Alright I have to go finish my script ideas and start The Botany of Desire: A Plant's Eye View of the World. Oh Emerson science classes.