Friday, January 16, 2009

INFLUENCE



I was just looking through Mary Kate (MK) and Ashley's Olsen's new coffee table book, Influence.I really rather like it. I was searching the web to see if there were any photos of some of the spreads that are in it... but alas there are none. So I am going to take some pictures on photo booth.
I also rather like this... it is included in MK's things... it says, "Jesus hates it when you smoke." And I especially liked that they RIPed polaroids... because seriously. (And they are in the fashion industry.)
So there is a good few photos to give an idea of the book somewhat. The whole thing is quite fantastic though I haven't read too heavily into it. I've mostly been skimming through. They have this questionnaire (inspired by survey that French writer Marcel Proust stumbled across called "An Album to Record Thoughts, Feelings etc. He did it several times throughout his life, and it eventually became refurred to as the Proust qestionnaire, according to the blurb.) that they both do that I decided to take a stab at as well. When asked how she would like to die Mary Kate said "In your arms," something I probably would never have thought of but really like. She seems to like Romeo and Juliet so I guess that is fitting. I still have a few more questions to fill in, but here is the crazy part. I wrote down these questions in my journal, which was I guess you could say folded in half (it has a spiral binding, I couldn't see one page) and when I looked on the next page there was a magazine cliping about the book that I had pasted in a while ago. Crazy stuff. Anyway I like the book and would recommend checking it out. Maybe out of the library.

No comments: