Sunday, January 18, 2009

THE TROUBLE WITH FLYING

So I've had such a ridiculous day of traveling that I felt entitled to share it. I had to get up at three thirty in the morning because I had an extremely early flight, at six in the morning, and because my mom is a little neurotic. However, it was a good thing that she gave us this extra time because no sooner than we got on the highway did we have to turn around because I had forgotten my cellular. (I hope that made sense... I'm on the fence. Oh rhyming.) So we sped back to the hotel and I had to call the front desk and make the lady get up and program a new key for me... at like four in the morning. I ran back up and grabbed it and we once more hopped onto the highway. I realized that I had forgotten my two rolls of 120 holga film on the bed as well, but I had kept the key and decided to bring it up to my mom later. There was already a bit of stress and I didn't really want to hear my dad bitch about the film. I mean I love him and all, but he can nit pick... Anyway, we made it to the airport and my dad dropped me and my mom off, we tried to do curbside but there was a problem with my reservation, so we went inside and everything went pretty smoothly from there until Chicago, where I had a layover. Once I got to Chicago I discovered that my flight to Boston had been canceled. I ended up getting re-routed to North Carolina, I had to wait an extra hour and a half, and then the plane ended up being delayed bacause they had to warm it up or something. So then I was in North Carolina. And my next flight to Boston was canceled. So I got put on yet a different flight that departed later. I had a few hours to kill. I waited around for about an hour before I discovered that my flight was going to be delayed. In the meantime I went to the bathroom to discover my little red friend had arrived and I had no supplies to deal with it... I attempted to use the dispensers only to discover that they did not work. Luckily a cleaning lady was in the bathroom and assisted me by unlocking the dispenser box. Finally a few hours later I boarded. It was a tiny little plane with a row of two seats and a row of one. I landed in Boston and went in search of the baggage claim. However, thirty minutes later all the luggage had come out, and mine was no where to be seen. I had to get into the line to talk to a man about my lost luggage. At this point I was ready to lose it as well, hormones were running high and I was tired of all the cancelations and from traveling for 13 hours. I called my mom. Which really made me want to cry. But in the end I was able to sort it out with the man and get myself into a cab and back up to my dorm. And despite my day, I had a pretty enjoyable night. Because in the end even though it was frustrating, and I didn't have any of my clothes, it was over.

No comments: